Embracing your lifestyle, national origin, gender expression, ability, culture, traditions and values.
New Mexico Wedding Locations
Whether you’re eloping in Taos or are having a big affair at the Albuquerque Balloon Museum, you’ll need a wedding officiant. You’ll also want a unique wedding location to ensure your day is memorable.
Here is a sampling of some favorite places I’ve officiated in northern New Mexico. Use it to get a sense of the possibilities for your wedding and then have fun with your own research.
Taos County Wedding Locations
- SpiriTaos Gardens. Earthy, natural garden setting with quintessential Taos Mountain views flanked by lush meadows. The setting is idyllic, quiet and intimate. Close to town and just down the street from some fine dining options such as The Love Apple. This location is part of our package offerings. Or book the SpiriTaos gardens for an additional $125 when using Dan Jones as your Taos wedding officiant.
- Rio Grande Gorge Bridge Overlook. One of Taos’ favorite tourist destinations. If you don’t mind the heights and other onlookers, get married on the bridge, 800 feet above the roiling Rio Grande River. Or, our preference is to take a short, level walk to a more secluded vantage point looking back at the bridge, the gorge, the river and the wide open sage flats with the stunning Sangre de Cristo mountains as a backdrop.
- Sacred Circle at El Monte Sagrado. A spiritual spot encircled by ancient cottonwood trees, a rushing stream with pools and waterfalls. This 4-star resort is ready to provide a polished wedding experience from start to finish. Our favorite spot for a wedding!
- Fechin House/Taos Art Museum. A versatile venue! Just the two of you or a small group? Choose from the studio with beautiful mountain view or outdoors in their gardens. Larger group? The studio can accommodate up to 40 people and the patio and garden areas work beautifully for groups up to 100.
- KTAOS Solar Center. Stunning views of the Sangre de Cristo mountains and the ability to manage a large guest list.
- The labyrinths at Ojo Caliente, San Geronimo Lodge or Adobe & Pines Inn
- Quintessential Taos gardens at The Old Taos Guesthouse or Casa Gallina
- The Sagebrush Inn & Suites offers classic Taos vignettes within their adobe walls
- Hacienda del Sol has a patio beneath mature trees for a cool, shaded wedding with a stunning mountain view
If you’d like a more complete list of Taos wedding locations and other resources such as fine dining, request our Planning a Wedding in Northern New Mexico guide.
Unique wedding locations beyond Taos
- Abiquiu (Ghost Ranch), Ojo Caliente, Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Red River, Truchas
- Santa Fe (Bishop’s Lodge or La Posada), Tesuque (Four Seasons), Buffalo Thunder, Randall Davey Audubon Center
- In southern Colorado think about the Great Sand Dunes National Park, or locations in La Veta